Wednesday 10 December 2014

Kitchen in mouth for WOYWW

My desk is just a mess of nothingness
as I am having an art break,
well painting break anyway
as I will be doing little doodles in the many
notebooks I have stashed around the house.
Summer holidays means cricket on the TV (yawn)
and that is where hubby parks himself,
so I tend to draw instead.
Here is may parting doodle for the year.
Done with a plain old ballpoint pen in a note pad.
I drew our little Christmas guys.  They are so cute
 and when you press one's button the others join in 
and sing carols together.
 
Today is the day (sigh)
I say goodbye to my new kitchen.
Little miss is getting my kitchen
put into her mouth.
I had to use my kitchen fund money
to pay for her braces and
I'm still not sure which is
the best investment.
Then again I could make the best of it
and open her teeth
 (they would have been my kitchen cupboard doors)
to put in my pots and pans.
Well I couldn't put my glass ware in there,
she would break that chewing. 
Hey, she has a big mouth, it's always open and loud.
She may put up a bit of a stink
but I need more storage and since she
took my kitchen I think it's a fair compromise.
She also said she wouldn't open her mouth to talk
for the three years the braces are on
(seems she is embarrassed by the braces)
so I'm in heaven.  A peaceful time and
my pots and pans won't fall out if her mouths closed.
 It's win, win all around.
See, sometimes losing something somewhere
is a gain somewhere else.

Mr headless bird has come home after inking 
and I'll finish him in the new year.  
Looking good already.
Our gorgeous little Chico is almost fully healed
and very happy.

This is my last post for the year,
so I'd like to wish all my bloggy friends
a very Merry Christmas
and I'll see you all in the new year.

I'm off to get my kitchen fitted
into Little Miss's mouth.

Now you've seen mine how about a look
at all the other desks around the world

Take care.
 




21 comments:

  1. Well Vonny, I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a glorious summer. The headless bird is stunning even at that stage, and I can't get over your ability with a ball point. But (and there's always a 'but', huh)....I'm not sure that the whole kitchen will go in the mouth...you may need to consider a Plan B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy Christmas to you and yours Vonny and don't let any Doodly birds find their way into the alternative kitchen as they can cause gagging with their tickle feathers.
    Lynn xx 30

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Xmas and lovely to see Chico looking so well. Your ballpoint pen skills are amazing. Now don't forget those gorgeous teeth will last a lot longer then the kitchen and she will be so much easier to hug.
    Sandra de @33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your doodle is fab. Your new 'kitchen' sounds interesting, if the cupboards aren't opening for 3 years you may need to gather some takeaway menus!!

    Horace at no.46

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vonny and happy WOYWW. Sorry your kitchen funds have been redirected. Loving your new painting the colours are glorious and the doodle sketch is excellent. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015. Cheers RobynO#27

      Delete
  5. Wow, he looks so much better with his fur! It seems weird you talking about the summer holidays when it is bitterly cold here... I can't imagine a hot Christmas! Enjoy your break :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hugs to Chico and thanks for sharing the beautiful colors and art works. Tis the Season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brill poem, and well done for letting go of the new kitchen for the cause. Chico looks much perkier and that doodle is WONDERFUL!!!! You are just so talented, lady! Enjoy the summer, and have a great Christmas. Hugs and blessings, Chris # 13

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be with hubby on the sofa with the cricket.... hope you have a good Christmas and the new kitchen is pain free!! Helen 8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your doodles are exquisite, what do you do with them?
    Bridget #36

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little drawing is awesome! You are so talented! I always love visiting your blog!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vonny, Love the Christmas guys! They are just so cute! And your drawing, with a biro?! is fabulous!
    Hope you dear little guinea pig is well and truly on the mend! Poor little fella :(
    I've emailed you, but again, BIG thanks for your gorgeous artworks! You are very generous and I love them :) :)
    (BTW, I think my sister has spent a whole house renovation on children's teeth.)
    RosA # 10

    ReplyDelete
  12. And a very Happy Christmas to you as well! Thanks for all the fun, support and daft comments throughout this past year...hope it continues in 2015!
    Am loving the riot of colours in the bird art but also love the B/w doodle as well...you's a clever gal :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know a headless bird could look so good!
    Have a good one and see you in the new year x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe the sacrifices we make for our children are always worth it. Eventually you'll probably have a bigger and better kitchen. That pen sketch you did is great, and the painting is coming along nicely. Have a Blessed Christmas and New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vonny, Glad Chico is much better.

    I adore your painting. Such vibrant colours.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #38

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bit late for WOYWW but glad I popped in to see your crafty activities! Happy Christmas! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vonny, thanks for the visit, so pleased to see Chico looking so much better. Gorgeous Art work. It's getting colder here but thank goodness no snow yet, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little doodle and hope you've had a lovely Christmas. Happy New Year, Vonny! Looking forward to more of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello!

    Your doodling is wonderful! It seems funny to read about summer when I just cleaned snow off of my car! :<) Wishing you a happy day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara DIane

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.